Monday, January 21, 2008

Musing on learning tech, part 1

Musing on learning more about educational technology Part 1

Yesterday, as some of you saw, I created my first blog and put up the first posting. So far, so good.

I am not much of a blog-reader, although I understand that some teachers use
blogs where once journals were assigned. I also wonder if video clips will supercede blogs for some educational functions.

In the past three days I have been getting my iSight webcam hooked up and
learning a bit about iChat, and, a few minutes ago, I attempted to subscribe to Peter Campbell’s blog. This was a good experience, because it makes me experience the
confusion and frustration I know my students probably face when they asked to
do one of my online exercises.

At this point I am quite interested in better ways so that online slideshows, videos and other material can be linked to online exercises which are carefully created to producd a logical and useful learning sequence, even some of the qualities of a private tutor. I have been creating online slideshows linked to BB exercises for Roman Civilization and General Humanities I. As I have been told, I tend to focus more on content…

-- Alvarius

No comments: