Friday, May 6, 2011

My Presentation for Engaging Students in Online and Hybrid Courses: Ideas, Examples & Tips

I gave a presentation for the 2ND ANNUAL UNIVERSITY LEARNING AND TEACHING SHOWCASE at MSU.


It was part of a presentation called " Engaging Students in Online and Hybrid Courses: Ideas, Examples & Tips", along with Susan Hussein

If you go to http://chss2.montclair.edu/classics/Homepage/jeanTrueBain.mp4. The file is pretty big -- 181 MEG.

you can find the video for the presentation. My entire presentation was a video. I then answered questions.

If you go to http://chss2.montclair.edu/classics/Homepage/Handout_bain.docx

you can download the handout.

My idea is that individuals can post questions and comments on this blog, and, when enough have been posted, I will produce a 'extended director's cut' of my presentation. Please, if you can, let me know what you think of notion of the value of hybrid courses.

Thanks.


-- Jean

1 comment:

Ludwik Kowalski said...

1) Thank you for sharing, Jean. I was impressed by ease with which you use available software.

2) My problem, before retiring, was to find time to master constantly changing digital tools. Instead working on the subject matter I was often distracted by topics which had nothing to do with it.

3) Is teaching with new tools really more effective than traditional textbook-based teaching? The answer is probably discipline-dependent.

Ludwik Kowalski